Conference Health Check - Assoc for Art HistoryCharities and Associations
The Association for Art History were looking to underpin their annual conference and engaged Gallus Events to carry out a detailed Conference Health Check of their flagship three day annual event.
William attended one day of the conference and used this onsite experience as the basis for the report. The Association of Art History were aware that they “could” improve their event, but were not quite sure on which areas their small team should focus. Their Chief Executive asked William to help them identify the pain points, quick wins and the more strategic solutions that would help them build an even stronger annual brand.
Conference Health Check
While onsite William focused on the:
- customer journey
- reviewing and benchmarking the conference environment and the atmosphere
- the level of engagement within the conference programme
- the visual impact and awareness of the association
- the overall, on site, event management
- the structure of the event, including, delegate flow, use of event spaces and timing
- lunch, refreshments and other services to guests
- the structure of the programme
- printed materials, including the printed programme and
- use of event technology including the event app
William delivered an exceptionally detailed report that covered every aspect of the event delivery.
In addition to this practical / event management review, William analysed, the event budget, benchmarked ticket prices and the overall resources used to deliver the event.
William’s many recommendations will be implemented into the next annual conference and will allow the Association to continue to support their members with an innovative and engaging annual conference.