Event Consultant and Head Honcho, Gallus Events
William Thomson has almost twenty years experience in dealing with every aspect of an event. William has been carrying out event consultancy for almost ten years.
A published author of “Successful Events For Not For Profit Organisations” William has been a leading voice in the event industry for many years.
William has an impressive list of past clients including some of the largest membership bodies in Europe. William has also worked with the world’s biggest event company Reed Exhibitions and one of the UK’s largest events companies The Concerto Group.
Along with his experience William also looks to the future. As a Meeting Designer and past Curator of Europe’s first Event Technology event William works at the cutting edge of events.
William has a vast knowledge of the events business and can be seen speaking on various aspects of events across the World. William is also regularly quoted in the event industry press and has written articles and blogs for many of the top event publications on many aspects of event management and event consultancy.
William in the event press
- William’s blog post for Conference News
- William appeared on the panel at Conference News Question Time at CONFEX
- William’s contribution to Exhibition News “Shaping The Industry”
- Guest Expert in Exhibition News
- William announced as Judge for the Event Blogger category at UK Blog Awards
- Bizzaboo’s 20 Must Read Event Management Blog’s include William’s Gallus Events Blog
- Capttera 16 Event Resources to Plan Your Next Event include William’s Gallus Events Blog
- William’s interview with Eventbrite on Running an #EventTech Event
- Overcoming Event Technology Fears in Exhibition news
- William’s contribution to Event Tech article in Event Magazine
- William was interviewed by Kongres Magazine about Meeting Design (page 34-35)
William has experience across a wide range of operational and strategic areas within a variety of event businesses.
Conferences including meeting design, Exhibitions, Experiential events, Online events, Training, Seminars
Building high functioning teams, Business development and partnerships, Event technology, Organisational development, Running more events, Restructuring teams and departments, Sponsorship
Marketing and communication
Event Marketing, Social Media